Summer Camp Policies
WOODCOCK NATURE CENTER (WNC) SUMMER CAMP POLICIES
PLEASE READ BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR CHILD’S REGISTRATION
- Cancellation and refunds: A processing fee/deposit of $50 per camp session and the annual membership ($50/family) are not refundable / not transferable, for any reason. All other fees will be refunded for camp sessions canceled before May 23, 2013. After May 23, no refunds / transfers will be given.
- WNC membership ($50/family) is required for attendance – membership is good for one year, and covers all members of the immediate family.
- Session changes: Each session changed requires a $25 fee and completion of the change form, available at www.woodcocknaturecenter.org.
- Phone registration / changes are not accepted.
- Each session is oriented to a specific grade level. The minimum age to enter a Pre-K session is 4 years old by the week of camp.
- Camp grades correspond to this year’s current school grade: 2012 – 2013.
- Programs run Monday – Friday. Registration is for the whole week. No pro-rated or partial payments are accepted.
- Friday night campouts are optional and weather dependent. Campouts require an additional fee and more will be explained on the Monday of your child’s week of camp.
- WNC reserves the right to cancel under-enrolled sessions. All fees will be refunded in this case.
- If your child has a medical condition or allergy that will impact his or her experience at camp, or the experience of others in his / her group, please be forthcoming with information that will ensure a positive and successful experience.
- Campers who require one on one supervision or who wish to attend with a paraprofessional must agree to meet with WNC staff prior to May 23, 2013. In the interest of camper safety and site/staff restrictions, camper placement will be discussed on an individual basis.
- WNC reserves the right to restrict enrollment/participation, in the event that participation in camp is deemed unsafe/unsuitable for a child by WNC staff, either for the safety/experience of the child or for the safety/experience of the staff/other campers.
- In the event of camper illness, refunds may be available with a doctor’s note.
- According to CT Department of Public Health, campers appearing to have contagious disease must be quarantined and sent home.
- Financial assistance may be available; please call the office for details.
- WNC has a zero tolerance policy for hitting. Campers who strike other campers or counselors will be sent home.
- Although we cannot guarantee it, all attempts will be made to accommodate placement requests.
A non-profit source of environmental and nature education since 1972.
56 Deer Run Road Wilton, CT 06897 . 203-762-7280 . WoodcockNatureCenter@yahoo.com