Summer Camp Policies
WOODCOCK NATURE CENTER (WNC) SUMMER CAMP POLICIES
PLEASE READ BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR CHILD’S REGISTRATION
- CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS: A processing fee/deposit of $50 per camp session and the annual membership ($50/family) are not refundable / not transferable, for any reason. All other fees will be refunded for camp sessions canceled before May 21, 2015. After May 21, no refunds/transfers will be given.
- WNC MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION (except for Early Explorers program): Membership is $50 per family, is good for one year and covers all members of the immediate family.
- SESSION CHANGES: There is a $25 change fee to switch camp registration to another session.
- REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE: Contact WNC offices if you have any questions or are experiencing difficulties.
- Each session is oriented to a specific grade level. The minimum age to enter a Pre-K session is 4 years old by the week of camp.
- Camp grades correspond to this year’s current school grade: 2014 – 2015.
- Programs run Monday – Friday. Registration is for the whole week (except for Early Explorers). No pro-rated or partial payments are accepted.
- Friday night camp outs are optional and weather dependent. Camp outs require an additional fee and more will be explained on the Monday of your child’s week of camp.
- WNC reserves the right to cancel under-enrolled sessions. All fees will be refunded in this case.
- Completed Health Forms and Waivers must be received by WNC prior to the start of camp. According to Connecticut State law, campers may not attend camp without all necessary completed health forms.
- Campers must be fully potty trained and able to use the bathroom independently in order to attend camp.
- If your child has a medical condition or allergy that will impact his or her experience at camp, or the experience of others in his / her group, please be forthcoming with information that will ensure a positive and successful experience.
- Campers who require one on one supervision or who wish to attend with a paraprofessional must agree to meet with WNC staff prior to May 21, 2015. – In the interest of camper safety and site/staff restrictions, camper placement will be discussed on an individual basis.
- WNC reserves the right to restrict enrollment/participation, in the event that participation in camp is deemed unsafe/unsuitable for a child by WNC staff, either for the safety/experience of the child or for the safety/experience of the staff/other campers.
- In the event of camper illness, refunds may be available with a doctor’s note.
- According to CT Department of Public Health, campers appearing to have contagious disease must be quarantined and sent home.
- Financial assistance may be available; please call the office for details.
- WNC HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR HITTING. Campers who strike other campers or counselors will be sent home.
- Although we cannot guarantee it, all attempts will be made to accommodate placement requests.